Siyathetha’s research capabilities have been developed out if its core business, which is the sourcing, evaluation and packaging of information for all audiences. Working with some of the country’s top researchers where necessary, we provide a comprehensive range of research services.
Siyathetha Communications and its accredited research partners have extensive experience in qualitative research. We will design the questionnaire, field test it, refine it, and conduct the interviews at all levels – from an unemployed person to the managing director of a multinational.
Using a combination of proven analytical tools and our own extensive experience, we drill down and uncover the information required by the client.
Siyathetha Communications has an intimate knowledge of the economy of the Eastern Cape, backed by a body of existing research and the ability to quickly field teams to fill in any gaps. Major national corporations and local government base far-reaching decisions on the information provided by Siyathetha and its research partners.
Siyathetha Communications understands that business does not operate in a vacuum. The triple bottom line and BBBEE legislation encourage business to include the local community in its plans. Siyathetha works with leading socio-economic research agencies to provide ground-breaking and innovative approaches to sustainable social upliftment.
Major research projects in which Siyathetha Communications has been involved
- Masterplans for four tourism corridors – the Wild Coast and three in the Northern Cape.
- Celeste lighting – manufacture of sunlight-emulating LED lights
- Eastern Cape Automotive Industry Forum (ECAIF) demand survey
- Updating of supplier databases for clients
- Ports serving Southern Africa
- Trade and logistics corridors serving Southern Africa
- Report on three projects being supported by ECDC and recommendation on whether to continue funding
- Evaluation of Canadian and Italian markets for Eastern Cape companies
- Renewable Energy study for the Eastern Cape Socio Economic Consultative Council (ECSECC)
- Development of Knysna Northern Corridor Business Plan
- Phase 2 of the Nelson Mandela Bay Industrial Development Strategy
- Coega logistics study
- Country reports: Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Mozambique
- Regional reports: Eastern Cape, Western Cape
- Commercial vehicle study Gauteng
- Commercial vehicle viability studies for AIDC Gauteng and ECDC Eastern Cape
- Mystery Shopper for Just On Cosmetics
- Phase 1 Nelson Mandela Bay Industrial Strategy
- Economic, tourism and social research for casino bids Port Elizabeth, Mthatha, Queenstown and East London
- Agri-Tourism research and business plan for Sundays River Valley
- Sakhisizwe biofuel project
- Numerous Ad-hoc dipstick research projects for clients
- Establishment of award-winning Umzi Wethu project which provides training and opportunities for at risk young people
- Customer survey for Siemens South Africa
- Festival and event evaluation – PE Port Festival, Splash Festival, Kirkwood Wildlife Festival
- Viva Africa Festival
- Writing of manuals for People’s Housing Initiative
- Thina Sinako (Local Economic Development) manuals and website